Shopify is a powerful eCommerce platform that provides everything you need to launch and grow your business. It’s user-friendly and intuitive, which means it’s simple for new users to get started with Shopify. But if you have no coding experience, setting up your store from scratch and customizing it can be quite challenging.
Fortunately, there are loads of Shopify themes available for download so you don’t have to spend hours trying to figure out how to make your store look great. Themes make the setup process quick and painless so you can focus on growing your business instead of spending hours fiddling with code.
In this blog post, we are going to take you through the benefit comparison between free and paid Shopify themes, and the top 5 best Shopify eCommerce themes that will help you stand out from the crowd.
Free vs. Paid Shopify Themes.
There are pros and cons to both free and paid themes, so it’s important to weigh all of your options before making a final decision.
Free Shopify Themes
Benefits of using a free theme
1) No upfront cost – as we mentioned earlier, free themes don’t cost anything to download and use. This can be appealing for businesses just starting or those on a tight budget.
2) More choices – there are typically more free themes available to choose from than paid themes. This gives you more options in terms of finding the perfect match for your business.
3) Access to basic features – most free themes come with basic features like product filtering and social media integration. While they may not offer as many bells and whistles as premium or custom-coded themes, they can still provide a good foundation for your store.
Drawbacks of using a free theme
1) Limited features and customization options – as we mentioned earlier, free themes typically have fewer features than their paid counterparts. This means you may have to sacrifice some things like product filtering or social media integration if you want to use a free theme. Additionally, free themes are often less customizable than paid themes, so you may have less control over things like the overall look and feel of your store.
2) No access to theme support – if you encounter any problems while using a free theme, you won’t have access to Shopify’s team of experts for help; instead, you’ll be on your own in terms of finding a solution (which can be difficult if you’re not technically inclined).
3) Lower quality – because anyone can create and upload a free theme, there is no guarantee that the quality will be up to par with premium or custom-coded themes. This means there is potential for security risks or other issues if you choose to use a free theme.
Paid Shopify Themes
Benefits of using a paid theme
1) More features and customization options – as we mentioned earlier, paid themes typically come with more features and flexibility than free themes. This means you’ll have access to things like product filtering and social media integration, as well as a greater degree of control over the overall look and feel of your store.
2) Access to theme support – if you encounter any problems while using a paid theme, you’ll have access to Shopify’s team of experts for help. This can be a lifesaver if you’re not technically inclined or if you run into a problem that’s difficult to solve on your own.
3) Higher quality – because paid themes are typically created by professional developers, you can be confident that they will be high-quality and free of any security risks or other issues.
Drawbacks of using a paid theme
1) Upfront cost – as we mentioned earlier, paid themes typically cost between $140-$180. This may not be feasible for businesses just starting or those on a tight budget.
2) Limited choices – there are typically fewer paid themes available to choose from than free themes. This means it may take some extra time to find the perfect match for your business.
3) No guarantee of success – even if you choose a high-quality paid theme, there is no guarantee that it will help your business succeed. Ultimately, it’s up to you to drive traffic to your store and convert visitors into customers.
Top 5 best Shopify eCommerce themes
The first theme on our list is the Dawn theme. As its name suggests, this theme is perfect for businesses that want a clean and bright design. The Dawn theme is fully responsive, meaning it will look great on all devices. It also includes features like social media icons, contact information, and a search bar.
If you're looking for a more modern and stylish design, the Craft theme might be right for you. This theme includes a sleek homepage layout with large images and sections for featured products and collections. The Craft theme is also responsive and includes features like social media icons, contact information, and a search bar.
The next theme on our list is the Refresh theme. This theme is perfect for businesses that want to have a clean and modern design. The Refresh theme includes several unique features, such as testimonials, ingredients, quality information, special certifications, and more with an adaptive section layout. It's also fully responsive and includes flexible, well-designed blocks for images, products, videos, quotes, and more.
If you're looking for a Shopify theme that's specifically designed for fashion businesses, then take a look at the Fashionopolism theme. This theme includes features like an image carousel on the homepage, large product images, and sections for featured products and collections. It's also fully responsive and includes EU translations (EN, FR, IT, DE, ES), a store locator, color swatches, a quick view, and a stock counter
Last but not least on our list of the best Shopify themes for business is the Startup theme. This theme is perfect if you're just starting with your online store as it's designed to help you get up and running quickly. The Startuptheme includes features like a quick start guide, live chat support, and email support. It's also fully responsive and includes a mega menu, sticky header, and breadcrumbs
As you can see, there are many Shopify themes available for download. With so many options available, it can be hard to know what to choose.
The biggest factor to consider when choosing a Shopify theme is the type of business you want to run. There are several Shopify themes designed for different types of businesses.
Hopefully, through this article, you can choose the right Shopify eCommerce themes for your business. So what are you waiting for? Get started today and let us know about your choice.