Among many digital marketing channels, the thing that drives most of the new businessmen crazy might be search engine optimization (or we call SEO for short). Familiar to Google as many people are, understanding how this search engine works is still a big deal to them.
Therefore, we once gave you four tips to drive more traffic to your website. If you still find it’s not enough, check this article because we’ll provide more secrets to rank well in search engines.
It is suggested that you should use Google Keyword Planners to draw keyword ideas and decide the search volume of keywords. By the word “search volume”, we want to talk about the search number for a particular keyword each month.
One of the best keyword tools for the Shopify website we have known so far is SEOMetriks. However, the point here is that no matter what tool you use, you still need to explore it fully to make the best use of it.
If you would like to optimize your pages, here are some tips you can easily follow:
- First of all, it is essential that you keep one and only one H1 (header 1) tag on your page. To make it simple, the H1 tag is often the main headline of a page and usually includes the main keywords of the page.
- Make the page title less than 60 characters because longer titles might take the risk of being truncated. Besides, including main keywords at the beginning of the page title and structuring the page title to look like a listing (instead of a complete sentence) are good ideas as well.
- Similar to the page title, you had better limit your meta description to less than 155 characters and try to insert target keywords at the beginning of the description.
- Include keywords in the URL, but still, keep it short and avoid using filler words.
- Last but not least, make sure that your images own filenames and descriptive alt tags. Because Google Images accounts for more than 20% of all web searches, you need to name each image file descriptive (don’t name it 135124.jpg) and write alt tags to explain the content each image portrays.
By the tools like Link Explorer or Ahrefs Site Explorer, you can find out pages that are linking to your rivals easily. Ask yourself: “Why did those pages link to your rivals?” or “What makes your rivals worthy of being linked?” Getting the answer will help you decide who to cooperate with and how to raise the value and earn a mention.
- Keep the number of words around 500.
- Create original product description: The word “original” is very important. Instead of using manufacturers’ product descriptions, make them on your own to avoid plagiarism with free plagiarism checkers.
- Add reviews to your product pages: Besides building trust for new customers, product reviews also provide content to your page and help it rank for long-tail keywords.
- Redirect if necessary: If a page on your site turns inactive (when you get rid of a product, for example), you can redirect that page to another existing yet relevant page on your site.