WordPress must be the popular blogging platform that you encounter when preparing for marketing campaigns. However, not all external platforms can be absolutely compatible with Shopify and you might not realize that blog posts are available on Shopify.
Advantages of Shopify Blog
Shopify Blog offers sufficient features to satisfy your requirements, you can create a blog post with images, video, automatic SEO optimizing description, schedule post or visual editor. The functionalities might not be various or powerful as WordPress, however, with Shopify Blog, you can:
- Form an emotionally cohesive relationship between your Shopify store and blog, assuring the uniformity of appearance and manner.
- Drive traffic, keep audiences in your store and convert from visitors into customers.
- Easily control store items and blog content with one admin tool.
What can Shopify blog do to enhance your content?
- Designate comments: You can easily control the comments shown on your blog with Shopify blog. The comments can be disabled, moderated or published automatically to optimize the performance and efficiency of the comments.
Shopify blog enables you to effectively manage the comments on one post
- Scheduled post: this feature will function well during the peak promotion or holiday seasons. You can set specific times and dates for multiple blogs or even backdate published posts.
- Tags: the contents with tags will appear firstly on the search results so your audiences will save time to navigate and reach their target.
- Social media button: The major social media buttons will be added by app or code.
Social media buttons
- Featured Posts: featured posts can insanely generate traffic and drive sales revenues. You can insert a blog post to your homepage or integrate it with standard content functionality to improve conversion into purchase.
- Unique SEO approach: engaging more audiences can be simplified by built-in SEO functionality. You can edit page title, URL or meta description to reach more audiences.
Optimize SEO by adjusting title, meta description or URL
- Recommendation of similar topic: related topic will be suggested to the reader at the end of the blog posts.
- Improve your site functionalities by apps: applying some apps will significantly improve your store performance as well as create a professional look. Two highly recommended apps to add to Shopify blog are Disqus and AddThis. Disqus will promote the discussion while AddThis allows customers to share your blog to social networking site such as Facebook, Twitter or email.
The only down point of Shopify blogging is that it is not a comprehensive blog platform in comparison to Tumblr or WordPress. However, if you are the owner of a Shopify store, Shopify blog must be the first choice because of its ability to minimize the gap between your product page and blog post, create a synchronization between them and bring your customers a shortcut to your online store. On the other hand, if you are processing a WordPress or other platform, it is possible to integrate with a Shopify store but you might suffer some negative influences such as SEO reach, complex analytics or difference in design, etc.
Regarding how to create a blog post on Shopify, we will publish an article about the guidelines to start a Shopify blog soon.